I’ve come across a lot of people that put more thought into what they want and not enough into how to get that want…they may know what to do to get it, but they don’t have a plan.
Personally, I like to plan a lot, it keeps me from feeling overwhelmed with too many things or thoughts at the same time, I like to know what my next step is going to be or at least have an idea of it.
The importance of planning cannot be overemphasized, I’ve come across people that just want to make money, it is okay to want to make money, but what plans have you made to make the money?
Whatever means you choose to make the money, you must have a plan.
There will come a point when you should know or at least have an idea of what you want your next step in life to be. Assume you don’t get a job after school, what are your plans to improve on yourself to get yourself ready for the labour market? Or would you rather be an entrepreneur? How are you improving your entrepreneurial skills?
You just got employed at a new job, what is your plan to add value to your place of work? What is your plan to make sure you get noticed in case of a promotion? You want immense success, what plans have you made that will help put you on the right path of that success?
We must plan, because success won’t just fall into our laps. Just like the saying goes “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”
Below are a few quotes on the importance of planning, be inspired and be encouraged to start planning.
- A plan is a list of actions arranged in whatever sequence is thought likely to achieve an objective. –John Argenti
- A man who does not plan long ahead will find trouble at his door. –Confucius
- Always plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark. –Richard Cushing
- Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. –Peter Drucker
- It’s not the plan that’s important, it’s the planning. –Dr. Gramme Edwards
- Few people have any next, they live from hand to mouth without a plan, and are always at the end of their line. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- As for the future, your task is not to foresee it, but to enable it. –Antoine de Saint Exupery
- To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream. Not only plan but also believe. –Anatole France
- A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there. –H. Stanely Judd
- Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now. –Alan Lakein, writer
- A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. -Geoge S. Patton
- If you are failing to plan, you are planning to fail. –Tariq Siddique
- Planning ahead is a measure of class. The rich and even the middle class plan for generations, but the poor can plan ahead only a few weeks or days. –Gloria Steinam
- Planning is a process of choosing among those many options. If we do not choose to plan, then we choose to have others plan for us. –Richard I. Winwood
- Reduce your plan to writing. The moment you complete this, you will have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire. –Napoleon Hill