Everybody knows that water is good. We all know this, but somehow, most of us find it hard forming the habit of drinking a lot of it daily, myself inclusive. It’s really not so easy to keep drinking water, especially when you’re not thirsty. I personally find water boring, but when I think about all the benefits that come with drinking plenty water, I don’t think twice before gulping down a glass.
Water has so many benefits to the body. Although water can be boring, there are ways to “spice up” your water so it doesn’t feel like a chore when drinking it. I’ll start by highlighting some major water benefits.
Water flushes out toxins and waste products from the body and this waste is flushed out in the form of sweat and urine, and don’t forget that our digestive system needs water to function properly.
Drinking plenty water will make your skin have a healthy looking glow. It definitely won’t happen in one day, try consciously drinking a lot of water for a couple of weeks and you’ll see.
I have a friend who tells me “you should drink water” anytime I complain about having a headache. Dehydration is one of the common causes of headache, so most times drinking water can relieve headaches or at least reduce it considerably. So next time you have a headache, try drinking a glass of water.
This is a commonly known benefit of water. Drinking a lot of water can help curb your appetite, there are times you may feel hungry when in true fact, you are just thirsty. So if you are on a weight loss journey and begin to feel hungry, try drinking some water to reduce the feeling of hunger. Also, drinking water in place of sodas and drinks that are high in calories will help your weight loss immensely.
- Form a routine, drink a glass of water when you wake up, a glass during meals and a glass in between meals.
- Set a reminder on your phone.
- Carry a bottle of water around with you. You’ll remember to drink from it whenever you see it.
- If you find that you can’t handle the bland taste of water, you can squeeze half a lime or some lemon into your water and you get that zesty citrus flavor, this should make drinking water more interesting for you, plus you get an added benefit because lemons/limes are great for the body.
- If you still find it hard to drink plenty water, eat fruits often. Fruits like water melons and pineapples contain a lot of water.